The Millennium Philcon®
August 30, 2001 - September 3, 2001
Hotel & Travel
Check out the newest and most recently updated information on our site. And let us know what else you'd like to see here. (Be sure to hit that reload button frequently.)
- The 2001 Hugo Winners have been announced.
- Boston in 2004 wins Site Selection. Noreascon Four will be the 62nd World Science Fiction Convention, September 2-6, 2004.
- The 1951 Retro Hugo Winners have been announced.
- The newsletters are uploaded daily in .pdf format.
- Report of the WSFS Nitpicking and Flyspecking Committee has been added
- For those staying at the Philadelphia Marriott, an "Energy Charge" will appear on your daily bill. This charge WILL be removed at the time you check-out.
- Gaming Information & Schedules have been added.
- Information about the Masquerade Half Time Entertainment, Harmonytryx has been added.
- Center City map from Progress Report 6.
- As of August 21, 2001 there are over 100 rooms available in the Courtyard by Marriott. To make a reservation use this specific toll-free number, 1-888-887-8130; or call the hotel directly at 1-215-496-3200.
- Progress Report 6 has been mailed to all members, and is available in pdf format.
- WSFS Business Meeting Papers have been added.
- The Final Schedule is up!
- Added links to the 2004 Worldcon Place Holder site.
- Travel page now has information about transportation from the Philadelpia Airport.
- Preregistration has ended. Memberships that were postmarked by August 15 and received in a timely fashion will be processed and available at the con. At-the-door membership rates for the full convention are: Adult $200; Child $50; Adult one-day rates: Thursday $50; Friday $65; Saturday $85; Sunday $80; Monday $35; Child one-day rates: $15.
- The schedule is now also available in pdb format!.
- 62nd World Science Fiction Convention Site Selection deadline has passed receipt of mail-in ballots. Voting at the convention will end at 6 PM EDT on Saturday, September 1, 2001.
- American Philosophical Society Tour Information added.
- Suite Photos added for party hosts using the Presidential, Luxury or Hospitality Suites.
- The 98.98% Final Schedule is up! The schedule is also available in .pdf, .doc, .rtf, and .csv formats; PDA Available Soon!
- Art Show Artist Forms added.
- Hotel Information update. The Hotel room blocks are no longer guaranteed. However, all hotels (except sold out Courtyard by Marriott, Philadelphia Marriott, and the Hilton Garden Inn), subject to their availability, may offer the Convention rate.
- Internet Lounge Information page added.
- Filking Information page added.
- Concerts Information page added.
- Membership Search updated. List reflects all memberships posted before August 4th, 2001.
- Added Guide to Philly Fabrics from The Lunatic Phrynge (Philadelphia Chapter of ICG) to the Philadelphia Information Page.
The Millennium Philcon committee offers its deepest sympathies to Karen Anderson, Astrid Anderson Bear, Greg Bear and their families on the passing of Poul Anderson. He will always be remembered.
- The Draft Millennium Philcon Schedule is up!
- The 2001 Hugo Awards, The John W. Campbell Award, and the 1951 Retro Hugo Awards voting has closed.
- Updated Committee & Staff Listing
- Updated Membership pages: updated rates effective 7/19/01-8/15/01, added new PDF and new ascii reg forms.
- See the Hugos pages for important information about online voting; please read if you have already voted online. The deadline for submitting ballots has been extended; Ballots must be postmarked or timestamped by 11:59pm Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, July 25, 2001.
- Roommate Matching message board added.
- Loews Philadelphia update: For reservations, please telephone the Loews Philadelphia [215-627-1200] during business hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT) and ask for Reservations. Once connected, please advise them that you are with the World Science Fiction Convention or Millennium Philcon. You will then get the Convention rates.
- Membership pages reorganized, and now contains new rate information, At-Con Registration, transfer information, message board, and Change of Address form.
- Updated URL for the Philadelphia Marriott: http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=PHLDT
- Added travel information for connecting from Amtrak to Septa.
- Added Membership List Search.
- Updated URL for the Clarion Suites: http://www1.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/hotel/PA460?sid=0RfRi.2ByknEtm5.1; Hawthorn Suites: http://www.hawthornphila.com/; Wyndham Franklin Plaza: http://www.wyndham.com/FranklinPlaza/
- Online 2001 Hugo & John W. Campbell Award and 1951 Retro Hugo Award voting is now available.
- Ballots must be postmarked or timestamped by 23:59 EDT July 18, 2001, and in the administrators' hands by July 25, 2001.
- Hotel Information update. The Philadelphia Marriott and the Hilton Garden Inn are sold out. However, there are plenty of rooms available in the other hotels.
- Added George Scithers appreciation by Darrell Schweitzer from PR2.
- Added Forms & Ballots index.
- Added Souvenir Book Rate Card in html format. Reservation deadline has been extended to June 30, 2001.
- Links added for 2001 Campbell nominees.
- Read the 2001 Hugo nominees online; links are now available.
- Credits page created to consolidate credits and copyright information.
- Added Site Map for ease of finding files.
- Activities site has been updated with information about our Events, the WSFS Business Meeting, and links into the Program website.
- Registration rate of $170 for new attending memberships has been extended until July 18, 2001.
- Publications web page now has PR3 & PR4 available in pdf format (these pdf files are currently not searchable). Updated Souvenir Book rates and deadlines. Specifications, rates, deadlines are available in pdf format.
- Updated Hugo pages: The Final Hugo ballot is available in pdf format.
- More general updates to entire Millennium Philcon website.
- Added news of the preliminary Program Schedule.
- Returned Steve Stiles' Ben Franklin Space Kite artwork to website.
- Revised and updated entire Millennium Philcon website.
- Added news of the Program Particpant Bios.
- Updated URL for the Hilton Garden Inn: http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=PHLGIGI
- Updated Committee & Staff Listing
- Updated Home page: added Masquerade site with basic information on how to enter the Millennium Philcon Masquerade.
- Revised and moved the Hotel pages.
- Updated Home page: added note about Marriott shoulder nights and revised Hotel pages.
- Updated entire site with new Hotel link
- Added Site Selection pages: The 2004 Site Selection ballot is available in pdf and ascii formats.
- Updated Home page: added announcement of Site Selection ballot.
- Updated Hugos pages: The Millennium Philcon is pleased to announce the final list of nominees for the 2001 Hugo Awards, The John W. Campbell Award, and the 1951 Retro Hugo Awards.
- Updated Home page: added announcement of Hugo Nominees.
- Updated Home page: added Art Show site with basic information for artists on how to exhibit at the Millennium Philcon.
- Updated Committee list
- Added Contacts page: list of key contacts for Millennium Philcon by function
- Added Marriott Website Reservation Glitch - For Marriott Rewards Members Only page: explains the Marriott Website Reservation Glitch
- Updated Hotel/Travel Information page: added link for Marriott Website Reservation Glitch suite diagram and pricing link.
- Updated How to Volunteer at the Millennium Philcon page: updated contact email address
- Updated Hugos Ballot page: nominations have closed.
- Added Philadelephia Marriott Suites page: show suite diagrams and pricing
- Updated Hotel/Travel Information page: added hotel registration form in ascii format and added suite diagram and pricing link.
- Updated Registration Ascii page: added credit card information and payment options.
- Updated Hugo pages: updated links and standard info throughout.
- Updated Hugo Ballots page: updated info for Chicon members who are not Millennium Philcon members and want to nominate.
- Updated Hotel/Travel Information page: clarified registration info and added hotel links.
- Updated Worldcon page: added LA in 2006 bid site address.
- Updated Home page: updated hotel/travel page explanatory information and link.
- Updated Additional Hotel Info page: updated information.
- Updated headers, footers and links throughout the site.
- Added Hotel & Travel Information page: includes hotel information, hotel reservation form in PDF format, airfare discount info, local travel links and more. Updated subsidiary page information.
- Updated Memberships page: added updated rates effective 3/1-5/31/01, new PDF and new ascii reg forms. Updated subsidiary page information.
- Updated Home page: added alert about new hotel and travel information and hotel reservation forms as well as new rate information and forms.
- Updated Memberships page: added upcoming rates effective 3/1/01.
- Updated Publications page: added information about ad deadlines for Progress Report 5 and updated other publication information.
- Updated Hugos Ballot page: updated instructions.
- Updated Memberships page: added alert about upcoming rate change and ASCII registration form for current rates.
- Created Hugos pages: including online forms, links to other Hugo information, and lists that include works eligible for the Retro Hugo.
- Created vision statement page: moved the vision statement and information about the convention's goals and purpose to a new page.
- Created volunteer page: moved the information about about how to help out at the convention, the volunteer form, and more to a new page.
- Updated home page: reorganized information, created links to other sections of site including the program planning area, provided information about what is found in those areas and more
- Updated home page: added 2001 Hugo nominations ballot and Retro Hugo nomination ballot for the year 1950, both in Acrobat Reader format.
- Updated home page: added updated registration form.
- Updated membership page with updated registration form.
- Updated home page: added chart of rates effective 9/30 including rates in US dollars, British Pounds, Euros and Deutschmarks. Updated other information about expired presupport discounts.
- Updated membership page with chart of new rates with additional currencies and other information updated comparably.
- Updated voter conversion guide page: adjusted for expired discounts and current rates.
- Updated worldcons & site selection page: added new seated worldcons, removed past worldcon, added new bids and updated links as available.
- Added Millennium Philcon Committee page: added chart of current staff and updated all pages with link to committee page
- Updated home page: added rate change notice for 9/30, revised chart, notice of expiring discounts, links to committee page, notice re progress reports, and updated copy
- Updated publications page: added links to Progress Report 1 and Progress Report 2 in PDF format, added ad rates and format info, added contact info for ads, added schedule of upcoming PRs, etc.
- Updated membership page with rate change notice, discounts expiring, chart, etc.
- Updated hotel and convention center page: added hotel and contract with Web page link
- Updated home page: added current rate change notice and updated copy
- Updated Registration form in PDF format and in ASCII format on home page
- Updated membership page with rate change notice and minor copy updates
- Updated home page: added upcoming rate change warning and comparison of rates, updated copy, added links to Hugo nominations form and Chicon hotel reservations
- Updated Registration form in PDF format and in ASCII format on home page
- Updated membership page with rate change warning, rate comparison and minor copy updates
- Update the publications page with information on PRs 2 and 3
- Updated worldcons & site selection page: added new bids and expanded information as available
- Updated worldcons & site selection page: added and reorganized new bids and upcoming worldcons
- Added Advance Volunteer Form in .pdf format on home page
- Updated home page: added NASA Mars Lander link, updated copy & header, added link to Advance Volunteer Form and hotel rates information
- Updated worldcons & site selection page: added new bids and upcoming worldcons
- Updated hotels page: added flagship hotel rates announcement, updated text
- Added additional hotel information page
- Added Simple Guide to Proper Voting Conversion Fee
- Updated home page: added more links, updated copy & header, added link to Voting Conversion Guide
- Updated membership page: added link to new voting conversion guide, updated text
- Updated publications page: updated copy & header
- Updated home page: added vision statement; added change of address; added links to Hugo nominees, PSFS and Philcon; updated copy and top links
- Updated memberships page: added local links within page, updated address, added member origin map, added list of alternate postcard conventions and moved past cons, updated copy and top links
- Added Postcard conversion page: noted rules for postcard conversion, added some past cons and list of alternate conventions for context, updated mailing address
- Updated Convention Center & hotels page: updated map links and top links
- Added publications page: note re PR1 production, info re buying ad space and ad rates/schedule
- Updated worldcon page: updated San Jose bid info
- Updated worldcon page: bid and con sites and links
- Added to home and membership pages: updated membership rates
- Added to home and membership pages: registration form in pdf and ascii formats and some other expanded copy
- Added to home page: link to Acrobat Reader download on Adobe site
- Added on home and membership pages: new date costs are good through
- Added on our home page: link to GOH Greg Bears home page
- Updated on Hotel page: added current hotel rates and some other expanded copy
- Updated on Home page: moved party list info for postcard contest to memberships page
- Added Memberships Page: costs for converting or obtaining new membership and initial postcard contest party list
- Updated Convention Facilities/Hotels, Merchandise, and other pages with current links and convention name
- Updated Worldcon Page: changed voting information to outcome and other changes as above
- Updated two bios: Todd Dashoff and Ben Franklin bios updated with current convention info and links and corrections
- Updated on Home page: added convention preliminary info about guests and costs
- Updated on Home page: added announcement of winning bid at Bucconeer
- Updated on Home page: added bid party info for Bucconeer
- Updated on Committee page: added another bid committee bio
- New: added bios for committee members
- New on Committee Page: added link to new bios on committee members and added new committee member
- Updated on Home page: party list
- New: added bios for committee members
- New on Committee Page: added links to new bios on committee members
- New on Home Page, Upcoming Worldcons Page: added link to the 2001 Site Selection Ballot
- Updated on Home Page: party list
- New on Home Page: added link to the Reading Terminal Market to the home and convention center pages
- New on Home Page: added links to numerous transportation services and guides as well as directions.
- New on Home Page: added information about site selection ballots
- Home Page: expanded and updated the parties list
- New on Home Page: added contest page link
- Committee Page: updated Cathy Olanich Raymond's name (congrats on your marriage) and added parties link
- Upcoming WorldCon Page: updated 2001 site selection ballot information and bidders
- New on Hotels Page: added hotel rates and corresponding links
- New on Home Page: added a list of upcoming parties Philly in 2001 will attend and corresponding links
- WorldCon Page: updated links for several worldcon and worldcon bidding conventions web sites
- New - added Nifty Collectables Page: information about merchandise
- New - added Postcard Contest Page: with details on the postcards and how to win free conversion from supporting to attending membership
- Updated Membership categories, costs and benefits text, format and graphic
- Committee Page: updated information and format
- Home Page: added link to contests
- Home Page: linked into The Science Fiction Conventions Webring